By PolyScience Culinary Sous Vide Sous Vide
August 11, 2015
6 each / 100g Egg yolks
1 C / 238g 2% Milk
1 C / 253g Heavy whipping cream 3/8 C / 85g Sugar
1 Tbsp / 14g Vanilla bean paste 1/2 tsp / 2g Kosher salt
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth on low.
2. Place the ice cream mixture into a vacuum pouch and vacuum seal.
3. Place the vacuum pouch into the water bath and cook sous vide for 45 minutes.
4. After 45 minutes has passed, remove the ice cream base from the water bath and submerge the pouch in a heavily iced bath until it has cooled completely.
5. Pass the blended mixture through a fine mesh sieve and freeze according to your ice cream manufacturer’s instructions. Reserve in the freezer until ready to serve.
COOK TIME: 00:45
TEMPERATURE: 181°F / 82.7°C
November 8, 2016
Vanilla ice cream and chocolate cake is one of my very favorite desserts. Thanks for so many great recipes Ree!
Your review ...
All fields are required to submit a review.